Board Games Australia
Bored? Not With These Awesome Board Games Australia
Board games Australia are timeless. Well, almost. The first board games were played over 5000 years ago. Yet board games still haven’t gone out of style. Board games are an awesome go to for any occasion.
Weather’s turned foul and you’re trapped indoors? Get out the board games Australia. Kids fractious and bored? Get out the board games. Time to liven up the dinner party? Out come the adult board games. Christening the man-cave? Drinking board games get the party started. Planes, trains, and automobiles means time to kill so get out the travelling board games. Need to keep the mind active? Solve a puzzle, piece together a jigsaw or build a 3D replica. Board games always bring the fun.
At Yellow Octopus, we make sure we provide you with the absolute best board games Australia. There are Batman Board Games, Game Night Kits, Giant Battle Ships Board Games, History Board Games and much much more. These games are more than fun. Many are educational, especially for children. Whether they’re teaching kids strategy or teamwork—they’re helping them learn and grow. Plus, there’s always something new for us adults to learn too.
That’s why board games resonate with people young and old. Here’s 8 reasons why board games make the perfect gift:
- Family connectedness: Board games bring the family together. Girls against boys. Parent v kids. Everyone for themselves. Board games create moments that become memories. That’s a gift for Mum or Dad that says we love spending time with you.
- Identifying with their heroes: Board games channel our favourite superheroes or favourite shows or franchises. Think Friends, Seinfeld, Batman, Justice League, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones.
- Keeps the mind active: A board game puzzle, jigsaw or 3D replica strategically placed by a sunny window is pure joy for a Grandma or Grandpa. It’s the perfect gift for when time isn’t of the essence. Add a piece. Pause. Read the paper. Add another piece. And as they’re enjoying the challenge, they’re keeping their mind active.
-Teaches strategy, develops leadership: Chess and checkers and backgammon are board games that build character. Rigor, creativity, concentration and resilience are some of the qualities developed through playing the board games of chess and backgammon. If you want to help your kids develop these qualities then sneak a set into their Christmas stockings.These classic board games helped Barack Obama, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bill Gates.
- Cranking up the party: Stumped for a birthday gift. Revel in the risque. Sure it’s for when the kids have gone to bed, but why not? A bit of adult fun can range from riotous to romantic.
- Are we there yet? Delayed at the airport, long road trip. Have fun. Board games make the perfect gift for anyone who’s about to have travel time on their hands.
- Drink anyone? The boys probably don’t need to be asked twice, but drinking board games make a great gift for the man cave. A few rules add a little civility. And in case you’re wondering a dart board is a board game.
- Trivia: They think they know everything. But your not so trivial gift of a trivia board game will test that theory. By the way did you know the most played board games after chess, checkers and backgammon are Scrabble, Monopoly and Cluedo.
And here’s a few board game truisms for the card to go with your board game gift:
- Don’t roll your eyes. Roll the dice.
- If you’re not prepared to lose every friend you have over a board game, you’re not playing hard enough.
- You know Monopoly is an old game because it has a luxury tax and rich people can go to jail.
- People seem to forget that play is serious.
- If it doesn’t matter who wins or loses then why keep score?
- A good player is always lucky.
- Life is like a board game. You rarely break even and everyone cheats.
- Second is first loser.
- Nobody likes a smartie who has read the rules.
- Sometimes it’s better to win and do the wrong thing than lose and do the right thing.
- Do not pack board games for the honeymoon.
- Learn from your grandparents. They’ve been cheating the longest.
- Board games can become addictive and monopolize your time.
Give the gift of board games Australia and you will be anything but bored. Whether it's a rainy afternoon or a hot summer night, you'll never be bored when you have an awesome board game.