EASTER HOLIDAY GIFTS
The Easter holidays prompts many questions. When is Easter exactly? Which day is Easter Sunday on? Is the Easter Bunny friends with Santa?
To help clear up any uncertainties, let’s review only the most important Easter facts:
- 76% of people think the ears of a chocolate bunny should be eaten first. Maybe that’s because chipmunks are cute, and Easter Bunnies without ears look like chipmunks.
- 70% of Easter candy purchased is chocolate. What’s the other 30%? Who's heard of candy canes on Easter?
- Americans spend $1.9 billion on Easter candy. Where does the Easter Bunny find the time to deliver it?
- The largest Easter egg ever made was 7,200kg. It was taller than a giraffe and wider than an elephant. I’d like to see the Easter Bunny deliver that egg.
I asked my parents that very question when I was younger, “How does the Easter Bunny deliver eggs all over the world in one night?” Their ambiguous response wouldn’t have convinced any 19-year-old. That’s when I realised they lied to me. Busted. The Easter Bunny doesn’t personally deliver Easter eggs all over the world in one night, so the Easter Bunny must run a multinational distribution company to deliver the eggs.
That’s no small task mind you. His distribution company would have to blow Australia POST out of the water. While the Easter Bunny may not be hopping marathons to hand out the eggs, dealing with operations issues, securing egg suppliers, and answering to the board of directors must still be very stressful on the Easter Bunny's tiny heart. There’s no doubt, at the end of Easter Sunday the Easter Bunny deserves his own holiday.
For the Easter Bunny, Easter means working overtime. But the Easter Holidays mean many different things to many different people. Let’s take a second to consider some of the different effects the Easter weekend has on society:
- Chickens have to work overtime to produce enough eggs.
- Cadbury have to plan how to spend the giant piles of cash they will make.
- Fish fear Good Friday while cows relax.
- Kids get to eat ungodly amounts of chocolate.
But there is only so much chocolate kids can eat. There comes a point where their little stomachs are at capacity, and they finally stop cramming eggs in their mouth. The eating doesn’t stop when kids are full, it stops when they’re about to explode.
Easter eggs are outdated. They’re like riding a horse while cars are whizzing by. The Easter Bunny hasn’t updated his product range, and it’s time for us to move on. Luckily, while the Easter Bunny has rested on his laurels, another animal has innovated and slaved away to bring you better choices; the Yellow Octopus. Yellow Octopus has hundreds of Easter gift ideas you can choose from. The reign of the chocolate eggs is melting fast, and the reign of gift, gadgets and toys is just beginning.
Gifts make Easter even more fun. Since there’s only so many Easter eggs that can be eaten, it’s best to buy gifts that last a bit longer. Unlike the white rabbit handing out only chocolate, Yellow Octopus has hundreds of different gifts from t-shirts, gadgets, to toys. If you can think of it, we’ve probably got it.
Choosing the right gift can prompt a range of family Easter activities from arts and crafts, games, to backyard cricket. Chocolate eggs aren’t what the Easter holidays are really about, family and friends gather to spend time with each other, and the right gifts can push that along.
Kids are a big focus on Easter, we all want to see them smiling. Here’s a ‘Dad joke’ that is sure to get a giggle from some and a groan from others; Why does the Easter Bunny carry a compass? To find Easter.
If you’re looking for fun Easter activities to celebrate the Easter holidays or gifts to share on Easter Sunday, we have hundreds of gift ideas to make it a holiday that you, your family, and your friends will remember.