Father's Day Gifts
We've got hundreds of Father's Day Gifts so you'll be able to find something awesome for dads of all ages and interests. We've got funny things, novelty stuff, things to do with beer and sport are always big Father’s Day hits, not...
Custom BBQ Branding Iron - 52 Interchangeable LettersRegular price $27.99Regular priceUnit price per
Arse/Face SoapRegular price $15.99Regular priceUnit price per
Fitzroy's Storm Glass - Weather Forcasting Device | 28cmRegular price $29.99Regular priceUnit price per
Handy Telescopic Back ScratcherRegular price $8.99Regular priceUnit price per
Fitzroy's Storm Glass - Weather Forecasting Device | TeardropRegular price $72.99Regular priceUnit price per
Mad Millie Make Your Own Cheese KitRegular price From $41.99Regular priceUnit price per
Cloud Storm Glass Weather StationRegular price $36.99Regular priceUnit price per
The 6-In-1 Pen ToolRegular price $15.99Regular priceUnit price per
Galileo ThermometerRegular price From $29.99Regular priceUnit price per
Stress "Balls"Regular price $9.99Regular priceUnit price per
Prescription Beer Bottle HolderRegular price $12.99Regular priceUnit price per
Heat Changing Girls Strip MugRegular price $16.99Regular priceUnit price per
World's Smallest Mini USB Desk Crumb BlowerRegular price $19.99Regular priceUnit price per
Sudoku Toilet PaperRegular price $9.99Regular priceUnit price per
Sudski Shower Beer HolderRegular price $24.99Regular priceUnit price per
Fly Assassin Gun SwatterRegular price $9.99Regular priceUnit price per
FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS AUSTRALIA
When is Father's Day?
In Australia Father's Day falls on the first Sunday of September which means in 2017 it will be on Sunday the 3rd of September. Many people in Australia get confused with date because it varies from country to country. The USA and UK celebrate on the third Sunday in June as it approaches the June solstice and many Aussies get confused.
What is Father's Day? What is the History of Father's Day?
The idea of Father's Day originated in the United States as a way of honouring and celebrating fathers and the notion of fatherhood. A woman named Sonora Smart Dodd was inspired by the Mother's Day celebrations in the USA and thought it fitting to transpose the idea, applying it to Dads.
When was the first Father's Day?
It is not as old as Mother's Day with the first official Father's Day celebrations taking place in June 1910
Where can I find the best Father's Day gifts in Melbourne?
Yellow Octopus of course. With fast same day dispatch from the Melbourne warehouse.
Don?t get your dad another 6-Pack of beer, a pair of socks or envelope full of $2 scratchies last year for Father?s Day, there are better father's day gifts than that. This year it?s time to explore some father?s day gifts that are just that little bit unusual and put a grin on his face from ear to ear. Even though he?s probably a massive purveyor of snoring we recommend getting rid of the boring, and you can start by pouring over our extensive range of fathers day gift ideas. For far too long dads have been swept into the ?not much thought? category, shunned to dreary, ordinary and mundane gifts. Not this year, Father's Day 2022 is all about Father's Day gifts that absolutely rock.
Look he didn?t bring you into the world, we can?t give him that one (that?s all Mum, we love mums too) but he was there to hold your mum's hand. He was there to fix your bike when you were a kid, he?s still there to fix your car as an adult. He taught you how to kick a footy. He took you camping and taught you how to set up a tent and he was patient when you kept mucking it up. He took you to Port Phillip Bay to go fishing and taught you how to put the bait on a hook. He waved you goodbye when you were scared on your first day of school. He?s picked you up and dropped you off a thousand times. For all these things and his eternal love, it?s time to repay him in a big way. With the right Father?s Day gifts, you can become the favourite son/daughter.
All interests, all hobbies - huge range of Father's Day Gifts:
So drop the socks and kick out gift doubt with one of our unique father?s day gifts. We?ve got all things dads here at Yellow Octopus including stubby holders, bottle openers, gear for the bar, man-cave or BBQ, and of course plenty of funny novelty gifts that are sure to extract a LOL or two. Our Father?s day section is one of the largest on the website with literally thousands of Father?s day gift ideas. And the best thing about buying gifts online for Father?s Day at Yellow Octopus is that all personality types and ages are covered in one easy to navigate category so you take the hassle out of buying Father?s Day gifts this year. And for the unorganised, we have lightning quick shipping all over Australia which means your gift will arrive on your doorstep in next to no time.
If your dad doesn?t mind a Saturday afternoon trip down to Dan Murphy?s and settling into a game of footy with a can in hand then we?ve got plenty of gift ideas for dads who like beer. There are plenty of other Father?s day alcohol related products and gifts for dad such as whiskey rocks, bottle openers of all shapes and sizes, wine glasses and wine accessories such as the Screw You Novelty Bottle Opener and the Magic Chain Wine Bottle Holder.
If your dad spends most of his time curating an impressive bookcase full of fiction and non-fiction, then check out our range of books which make great gift ideas for dads who like to read. There are a couple of recipe books for MasterChef dads as well. If your pop is a bit of a rev-head and really likes polishing the car, gets slightly aroused by the word ?carburettor? and thinks a car wash is an amusement park, there is a wide range of Father?s Day gifts for dads that love cars. What if your dad is more of a sports and exercise junky? Loves a bike ride or a long jog or pumping iron at the gym, then you need Father?s Day gift ideas for sporty dads such as our bike lights and accessories or our Golf Ball Finding Glasses.
He might be losing his hair and his marbles, but he sure doesn?t have to lose out on Father?s Day. If your Dad is more of the practical joke type then get him some stuff that he?ll find funnier than his own lame dad jokes.
Whatever type of Dad he is, you?re sure to find a Father?s Day gift to suit his personality and interests at Yellow Octopus. And to prepare for the big day make sure you brush up on your best dad jokes!
GREAT FATHER'S DAY GIFTS AND AWESOME PLANNING ADVICE!
Do you know why Fathers Day is actually Father?s Day with an apostrophe? Because Father?s Day literally belongs to dads all over Australia. The upside is that Dads are usually pretty easy to please, but that doesn?t mean they don?t deserve something awesome. Look outside the square and dream big for your number 1 man this September.
10 Tips for Giving Dad A Father's Day to Remember
- Breakfast in Bed is always a trusty option, if not a little cliched. Cook up his favourite breakfast meal and deliver it straight to his bedside. Though, a pet annoyance of dads on Father's Day is getting woken up too early. Let him have a bit of a sleep in.
- Forego the overdone breakfast in bed idea, and just cook a regulation brunch or lunch. Eating food in bed and getting the sheets full of crumbs isn't actually that good
- Make a playlist. If you are spending the day at home, make up a playlist with all of your dad's favourite songs. He'll love listening to all the music and will appreciate the effort you've gone to
- Movie Marathon. In a similar vein, you could compile a list of his favourite movies and watch them back to back. Pull out the popcorn and lollies and hit the couch for a father and kids movie marathon
- Father's Day Gifts are important, but time is more important. Whatever you do, make sure you spend some quality time with your old man. At the end of the day, they just want to hang out. Keep in mind that this day isn't about you, so when coming up with plans or activities try and structure it around what he likes
- Skip the busy restaurants and hit the park for a picnic or BBQ. If there's one thing dads love it's a good feed. But Father's Day can be a super busy day for cafes and restaurants so give them a miss, put together some of his favourite foods and drinks and head for the park away from the crowds
- Go camping! Dad's love a camping trip, so surprise him by planning one over the weekend. You can do all sorts of fun activities together like hiking, fishing or cooking damper over the fire
- Let him choose. You might go to the trouble or organising something awesome, but he might not be in the mood. There's no harm in asking him what he wants to do and then going with that. It's going to save you a lot of trouble and he gets to do exactly what he wants.
- Don't be offended if he doesn't like your gift! Dads can be pretty hard to buy for, and sometimes don't appear as appreciative as they actually are
- Share the responsibilities with your siblings. OK, if you're an only child, then you're on your own. But if you have brothers and sisters then it should be a joint effort to organise a great day for dad. Don't leave it all up to one person.