Whoops, you've been fooled with one of our April Fool's products.Continue Shopping
Best Gifts For Grandma
Find the present your Nan will love the most.
Grandmas give us so much. They bake delicious treats for us, they give us warm hugs, and they are our biggest supporters. We want to find gifts that show our gratitude and love—but what do we get them? It can be difficult to find the perfect gift.
We understand this. That’s why we’ve hand-picked hundreds of gifts that Grandmas love. We’ve seen them give Nan big smiles all over Australia. So you’re sure to find a unique gift here that makes her feel special.
These gift ideas include products to help her bake tasty treats, quirky ornaments that brighten up her house, novel wine gifts for her happy hour, silly presents to make her laugh, and much more.
1. What presents can I buy for a Grandma who has everything?
Grandmas seem like they have everything. They have their cooking equipment, favourite mug, and beloved outfits. So what can you get them?
While it may seem like a Grandma has everything, it’s never true. Sure, Grandmas have most of the traditional gifts you can buy—like plants, ornaments, and chocolates—but there’s always unique and quirky things they definitely won’t have.
When you browse the products above, you’ll notice heaps of novel gift ideas—so you’re sure to find a present for a Grandma who has everything. These quirky ideas include:
- > 'Some Like It Hot' Pepper Grow Kit
- > Oversized Crazy Cat Lady Mug
- > Official Rubik's Tabletop Puzzles In A Tin
2. Do Grandmas really want ‘silly’ gifts?
Grandmas are our elders. We often hesitate before buying them a novel or quirky gift. But we needn’t worry. In truth, Grandmas are fun. Often they’re the most fun for the entire family.
When you get Grandma a ‘silly’ gift it’s actually very gratifying for her. You’re showing her you recognise how much fun she is—that she’s a cool Grandma. And what could make Grandma feel better than that?
So yes. Grandmas love ‘silly’ gifts. Those gifts often become fun for the whole family. Here are a few to consider:
3. My Nan loves to travel. What gifts does she want?
Many Nannas love to travel. Whether it’s heading north to escape a cold winter or heading overseas to explore a new culture, travelling is a thrill—whether you’re 20 or 80. Everyone loves to travel, Nans are no different. But what does she want?
There are many travel gifts to choose from. However, some are better than others. Firstly, Grandmas usually already have the basics like a backpack, shoes, and hats. So forget the basics. Secondly, gifts specific to one location can’t be used on all her trips—so these aren’t great either.
Instead, the best travel gifts for Grandmas can be taken on every trip, are novel, and give here a thrill, such as:
4. Is there anything I shouldn’t buy for Grandma?
We can’t buy our Nanna anything, can we? Grandmas will probably love anything we gift them, simply because it’s from us. Still, there are a few types of gifts we’re better off avoiding:
- > Super rude gifts. She’s your Grandmother after all.
- > Anything she can’t or won’t use—because that’s a waste.
- > A boring product because birthdays and Christmases are meant to be special and exciting.
5. How can I select the best gift for Grandmas who loves to read?
Easy! Buy her a book. People who love to read can never have enough books. They can always expand their library, so you’ll never go wrong with a book. Still, there are some creative gifts that go well with a book, as you’ll see in a moment…
- > Keep Calm Birthday Milestone Books. It’s like both a birthday card and present in one!
- > Kilted Yoga - Yoga Laid Bare Book (Who ever said books were boring?!)
- > Oversized Wine Glass - Holds an Entire Bottle!—because nothing goes better with a book than a glass of wine.
6. If Grandma lives alone, what presents would she love?
Grandmas that live along often have plenty of time to cook, so any baking products or kitchen accessories will be appreciated. Books are another great gift idea since they can entertain you for hours. Ornaments for her home are also fantastic as they’ll delight her guests whenever they visit her.
7. What do Australian Grandmas appreciate the most?
Aussie grandmas are like the rest of us—they love a laugh! The true blue sense of humour always shines through. So she’s sure to appreciate a hilarious present:
- > Purr Tea Cat Tea Infuser
- > Ladies Delicious Donut Odd Socks
- > Salt & Pepper Shaker Set - Burger & Hotdog
8. What type of ideas will make my Nan laugh?
At Yellow Octopus, we’ve become infamous for our quirky gifts that make everybody laugh. From Sandal Socks to Wine Glass Bottles, there are hundreds of hilarious gifts to choose from. But which are best for Grandmas? You can’t beat these three.
- > Aunty Acid Guide To Getting Older Book
- > Caution: Senior Moment In Progress Novelty Desk Sign
- > Brain Fart Sound Effects Stress Ball
9. How do I know what clothing size fits her?
Ask. However, before you go and ask your Grandma, ask your other family members. That way you can find her size without ruining the surprise.
Still, if you must, go ahead and ask her for her size. While it may give her a hint about her gift, it’ll make sure she gets the right size.
Furthermore, many of the items from Yellow Octopus are one-size-fits-all. Easy.
10. What are the absolute three best ideas?
The best ideas for Grandmas are what they will use the most, while still being cool and quirky. With these three types of gift, you can never go wrong:
- > Quirky cooking utensils that help them create delectable treats for their friends and family.
- > Unique ornaments for the home that will make both her and her guests smile with delight.
- > Hilarious gift ideas that make everyone laugh.
Ready to find your Gran an awesome gift? They’re waiting above. You’re sure to find your Nan a present she will love.