GIFTS FOR MEN
The hardest part about finding the perfect gift for blokes is that they never say much. Getting what’s stored up there in the vault can be a real mission. Some days they are talkative, the next they don’t want to say bo peep. How are you supposed to work out what they want when it comes to a birthday, Christmas or anniversary? Not to fear, Yellow Octopus is here!
7 Super Shopping Tips: Guide to Selecting The Perfect Gift For Your Man
- Always leave plenty of time. Shopping ahead can help you avoid frustration. Certain items may sell out quickly, leaving you with nothing. Slow and unreliable shipping from postage companies can mean your order may be stuck in limbo. Predicted shipping times are only an estimate and postage can often take much longer than advertised. In these such situations you may be in a situation where you do not receive your goods on time. Whilst Yellow Octopus prides itself on stealthy delivery, during busy shopping periods such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Christmas delivery times can be delayed. Ensure that you get your gifts on time, every time by planning in advance.
- Make a wishlist. Whilst you might only be shopping for one bloke, there’s an equal chance you may have many people to buy for. This is particularly the case around Christmas when you’re likely to have a shopping list a mile long. By adding things to your wishlist you can purchase everything at once which will enable you to save on shipping costs. Orders over $99 attract no shipping fees, so rather than ordering multiple smaller orders, you can instead get everything delivered in one foul swoop.
- Use recycled wrapping paper. The worst thing about gift giving is wrapping the presents. Not because it is a laborious task, but more because it is a massive waste of trees! If you imagine all the gifts across the world given in any given year and then think about how much paper goes in to wrapping those gifts it’s actually quite astonishing. Wrapping gifts is one of the real joys of gift giving, watching the person unwrap their present and the sheer joy on their face is all part and parcel – you don’t want to take that away. A great compromise is to use recycled paper.
- Funny is good. Everyone loves a good old fashioned joke, and blokes are no different. When choosing a gift if you work with a sense of humour it’s hard to wrong. Yellow Octopus is the one stop shop for gag gifts, we know how to have fun. If it’s smiles, giggles and laughter that you’re after, then you’ve come to the right place.
- Add a personalised card. The old school Hallmark style cards from the newsagents have had their time in the sun, they just don’t cut it anymore. If you want to really show someone that you care then doing something bespoke is the way to go. Fortunately, our brand new online card generator is perfect for making a card for any occasion. Choose from a multitude of different designs then simply add a recipient and message, upload a photo if you wish and we’ll print it out for you ready to roll. Your bloke will love it.
- Ge-genderise. Often the first port of call when looking for gifts for a bloke is to find the manliest, blokiest, most hardcore, dead-set, male present you can find. Which is great in some situations, but can fall short a lot of the time. Sometimes getting rid of the ‘bloke’ factor can set your gift apart. Herb growing kit for men? Sure thing. Cooking utensils? Why not. Not every man wants a hammer!
- An awesome gift is no substitute for love. It doesn’t matter how good the present is (even Yellow Octopus gifts can’t measure up a massive hug will always trump it. The delivery of the gift is just as important as the gift itself!
What if I am looking for a very particular type of man?
Apart from a whole host of general gifts for men that will be suitable for pretty much any bloke, we also cater to many particular personalities. We cover some popular interests and some seriously niche interests as well.
Gifts for the Geeky Gent
If your man is a bit of a nerd or pop culture aficionado then there is a huge range of gifts curated for him.
Gifts for the Fisherman
Know a guy who likes to wet a line? Secure one of our awesome fishing gifts and ensure he catches a big one next time he’s out on the water.
Gifts for the Golfer
Anyone who knows a golfer is aware that obsession can kick in. Once hooked, someone can become golf obsessed. If you know a guy like this then make sure you kit them out with one of our quality golf gifts.
Gifts for BBQ Pro
Know a legend that loves the grilling the kahunas out of some sausages or steak at any given opportunity? Yellow Octopus has an infinite number of choices for barby lover such as our Jack Daniel’s BBQ sauces, the ever popular BBQ branding iron or our portable BBQ itself.
Gifts for the Reader
With a massive selection of books for blokes, your man will never be short of a read. From cooking, to biking there’s a title on just about every topic.
Gifts for the Foodie
Yellow Octopus is a foodie’s paradise. From cooking utensils, innovative kitchen gadgets and unreal cookbooks, if there’s a man that likes to cook then sort him out with a foodie gift from Y.O.
Birthday Gifts for Him
What’s a romantic gift to show your man how much you care? I’m glad you asked. By understanding what he cares about deeply, what he loves and cherishes you show that you love him. What do men love? Whiskey. An Ice ball maker is the perfect gift to keep his whiskey cool and show you understand his deepest feelings.
Maybe you can fulfil your own fantasy. Have you ever fantasized about your man having a rugged beard? Now he can, with our Knitted Beard Beanie.
Perhaps your relationship isn’t so Posh and Becks right now. What if he’s been a naughty boy and broken your heart? We have the perfect gifts to give him an ultimatum. You can give him a Love Heart Jigsaw Puzzle and see whether he will put your broken heart back together. If he’s not willing to do that, you can give the hint to move on with a Grow Your Own Girlfriend Kit.