The best kids games
Games make our childhoods special. Whether it’s a rainy afternoon, our first sleepover, or Christmas afternoon—our best memories involve our favourite games. They’re so beloved because they’re challenging, stimulating, and fun to play with friends. Now, there’s a whole new generation of amazing games for kids.
5 types of kids games you have to try for yourself
These games are simply so much fun you have to give them a go. While we have a huge range to choose from, these are a few of our most popular categories that kids love:
1. Board games: Bored is the last thing you’ll be when you play these brilliant board games.
2. Card games: Card games are classic for a reason. They’re stimulating, challenging, and incredibly fun.
3. Party games: Kids love silly party games to play with their friends. Why wait for a birthday? With these games, they can play them every day.
4. Hilariously silly games: From Sumo Slam to Pelican Pong, you’ll realise how incredibly fun it is to be super-silly once in a while.
5. Quizzes: It’s fun to challenge yourself with puzzles and quizzes. The best kids games are the ones that stimulate your brain.
7 reasons why playing kids games are one of the best things you can do
Kids games can seem simple. In reality, there is so much value, enjoyment, and importance in kids games that it has taken some of history's greatest artists to capture their importance. Here are seven reasons why playing kids games is an excellent use of your time:
1. They arouse our curiosity: “Games are the most elevated form of investigation.” — Albert Einstein
2. They keep us young: “We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.” — Benjamin Franklin
3. They bring us a deep enjoyment: “It is in games that many men discover their paradise.” — Robert Wilson Lynd
4. There's something special about playing kids games: “Games are nature's most beautiful creation.” — Leonard Cohen
5. They keep our minds sharp: “Games lubricate the body and mind.” — Benjamin Franklin
6. They help develop our intellect: “By playing games you can artificially speed up your learning curve to develop the right kind of thought processes.” — Nate Silver
7. They’re so much fun: “Life is more fun if you play games.” — Roald Dahl
Kids games are ideal for any occasion
Need a Christmas present? Perfect. Rainy afternoon? They’re ideal. Looking for a present to take to a friend’s birthday? They’ll love any of these kids games. Whatever the occasion, you’re sure to find an awesome game that will fascinate kids for hours on end.
At Yellow Octopus, we have the best kids games on the planet. Go and find your favourites.