KRIS KRINGLE GIFT IDEAS 2019
Hundreds of Secret Santa Gift Ideas!
Gift giving in the workplace is quite common at Christmas time with many businesses having a Kris Kringle or Secret Santa. Everyone knows the drill – draw someone out of a hat – and get them a gift of specified value. Sounds easy, but it can actually be quite tough. I mean, you don’t even know the person, right? Don’t stress, we’ve got plenty of Kris Kringle and Secret Santa presents of varying values. If you need one for 10 bucks, no problem.
Need something more expensive: $20, $30, $50? HIT US UP! And if it is stocking fillers you require, then we have plenty of gift ideas for under $25. Your stockings will literally be bursting with fun, different and quirky stocking fillers that are way more interesting that socks, jocks and soap. Everyone has that long lost aunt or uncle, or fourth cousin that rocks up on Christmas day and you haven't seen them for a decade but you feel obliged to buy them something for Christmas, but at the same time you don't want to spend a great deal of money, because let's face it, you don't really know them so you want something cheap and cheerful that's also pretty cool at the same time: Yellow Octopus stocking fillers. You know it makes sense....
Kris Kringle gifts must be funny and silly, not dull and boring. And you don't even have to leave the house to make it happen. If you're stuck finding something for a random colleague that you barely know, we can help you out with our onsite 'Gift Finder' which generates literally hundreds of kris kringle ideas for any personality. Simply browse by what they're into, set a price limit and we'll display all the gifts relating to that person. It will take all the hard work out of the decision-making process when hunting for the perfect secret santa gift ideas. Make sure you put a smile on your colleague’s face this year with a gift from Yellow Octopus, your Kris Kringle specialists.
Finding the best kris kringle gifts...
No one wants an ugly photo frame, socks, or boring pen this Kris Kringle. Make your colleague smile this year with a funny gift from us...all for under $25! So you can get something that fits the price range, but is also cool! Use our 'Gift Finder' to generate ideas so that the choice is easy.
A Kris Kringle gift exchange is a great way to get colleagues together and to add the Christmas spirit to your workplace. However, if you draw a name for someone who you don't know much about, it's difficult to decide what gift to buy. That's why at Yellow Octopus we have selected a range of Kris Kringle gift ideas which are fun and unique, yet cost under $25, keeping you within the budget. We have Secret Santa ideas for men and for women, with both general and special interest gifts available. And if you can’t make the tough decision, why not take the easy option (there’s no shame in it!!) and grab a gift card so they can choose something they really want?
HOT TIP: If you've drawn a name from the Kris Kringle generator and don't know the person, then it's worth doing some snooping. If you can find out their rough age and a couple of interests, then you'll be able to buy something that matches what they enjoy. Yellow Octopus breaks all our gifts into categories so you can easily select something based on personality. For example, if they're a wine drinker, you could buy them something like the hilarious Wine Glass Bottle or travel enthusiasts will love a LEGO luggage bag tag. Showing you’ve done some research goes a long way in a workplace Secret Santa.
If you need to buy a present and are flying blind, then we have a selection of KK ideas that suit all sorts of recipients. A fun, retro mug or some cosy slippers are always appreciated, and if it's a lucky dip then they suit anyone who picks them out. It can be difficult to find good Kris Kringle presents that suit all ages and tastes, which is why one of Yellow Octopus's unique and quirky gifts makes life easier.
Many workplaces now have a gift exchange of some sort, whether it's a Secret Santa, or a lucky dip, and if you need Kris Kringle ideas then we can save your colleagues from getting the usual mundane, forgettable gifts with our quirky and exciting range. Presents for colleagues aren’t as important as presents for your friends and family, so they are easy to forget. But no need to worry about getting something in time, because we provide quick delivery all over Australia. If you’re in the express post network, you can enjoy next day delivery. If you’re in Melbourne, how does same day delivery (often within 3 hours!) sound? And if you opt for standard post, it’s a low $8.99 flat rate, no matter how much you order so you can order all your Christmas Gifts in one foul swoop.
The secret Santa gift exchanges have even become popular in the family home. It's so hard to buy heaps of presents for the extended family that you barely even know, let alone choosing something that they will actually like. That's why more and more people are using a gift exchange between family rather than just buying normal Christmas gifts for everyone.
That's why in 2019 it's so important to have hundreds of Kris Kringle ideas for literally every person and every budget.
The thing with Kris Kringle gifts is they are meant to be cheap and CHEERFUL. That means that having a good sense of humour is paramount when looking at Kris Kringle gift ideas. There is no point getting someone in the office something boring, they'll just think you're a complete tool. Get something that is going to take them by surprise, something that is going to make them laugh. Get them something funny! A funny gift is always better than a boring gift. I'm going to get Michael a bland present SAID NOBODY EVER!! We've got thousands of funny gift ideas all for under $25 bucks, which means whoever you draw in the Kris Kringle, you'll be able to get them rolling on the floor with a serious case of LOLS!
The concept of a Kris Kringle is a lot different to buying gifts for your loved ones. The focus is on getting something that is cost effective and fits into the prescribed guidelines, but at the end of the day you still want to make an impact with that person even if you don't know them well. Rather than hunting around in countless shops for something you don't even know you're looking for, it's a lot easier to leave it up to the professionals - us! Our Kris Kringle page is laid out so that it is easy to find whatever you need, for whatever personality, in the quickest amount of time possible. That's the Christmas spirit!
Here’s Some Tips From Our Team on How to Have a Great Kris Kringle:
SECRET SANTA RULES: HOW TO RUN A GIFT EXCHANGE
It doesn't matter whether you're a participant in a Kris Kringle or gift exchange with co-workers, family, or friends, the first thing you want to know is how it works. Some may be familiar with the rules of a secret Santa gift exchange, but many may be new to the concept.
These exchanges are meant to be heaps of fun, so forget over-thinking things. You're not choosing an engagement ring for your future wife. However, there are a few things to consider when running a secret Santa. Here are some general guidelines to help yours run smoothly.
1. Appoint a leader (leaders): The first thing to do when organising a gift exchange is to make sure someone is in charge. These things take quite a bit of organising, so without a leader, things can get messy. It's quite an undertaking to take on the leader duty, but there is usually someone in each group who will stick their hand up. It is important for the leader to send out reminders and different intervals to remind everyone as most people tend to be extremely busy at this time of year.
2. Draw the names: There are two basic types of Secret Santa exchanges. The first one which is just the normal variety where you simply pick names and then each person buys something for the recipient they're drawn. Obviously, the identity of the person giving the gift is kept a secret from the recipient until the exchange. Once the presents are distributed you go around in a circle opening the gifts and trying to guess who gave you the presents. In an old school world, people drew names out of a hat, later as technology progressed gift exchanges could be organised over phone or email. But in 2016 its probably easiest to use one of the online generators that are available and take out all the hard work. Try using something like Draw Names or Boog Space. If you can't decide which option is the best for you, check out this great article from Pop Sugar that compares all of the best secret Santa pickers.
3. You can mix it up and go a bit crazy: If you want to do something a little bit out of the ordinary or change things up from previous years, you can do a Yankee Swap. (otherwise known as a white elephant gift exchange, thieving Santa or stealing Santa)
This version is slightly different in that everyone has to bring a general gift to the exchange and disguises it, that is, one that could be suitable for any of the person. Then starting with someone randomly, they select a gift from under the tree. Then this continues moving around the circle.
The following recipients can choose a different wrapped gift from under the tree, or steal an unwrapped gift from the preceding person. This process continues until everyone has an unwrapped gift.
3. Set a budget early: Decide on how much each gift will be worth early and notify all the recipients so that they can start hunting for kris kringle ideas. The whole idea is that they are 100% inclusive. Set a price limit for kris kringle gifts that everyone can afford. Also, make the price firm. Some people have a habit of trying to outdo everyone else by buying a gift that is twice the allocated value. This is no fun and makes the experience awkward for everyone involved. Set a fair budget and ensure everyone sticks to it.
4. Don't take it too seriously: That doesn't mean buy someone utter garbage because you're being lazy. Just like buying any normal Christmas present, it's nice to put a little bit of thought into what that person might like. It can pay to do a bit of snooping around the office, or if you don't know the person well at all, ask someone who does and they might be able to point you in the right direction. Having said that, sometimes it can be fun to forget their interests and hobbies and just get them something totally random, funny and completely YOLO (hello Yellow octopus! White Elephant gifts are, by definition, pointless. But there are good pointless gifts and drab pointless gifts, if that makes sense.
6. Be Stealthy: Many a secret Santa come undone through people ignoring their ninja side. For a start, use different wrapping paper to all the other presents you put under the tree. This can be a dead giveaway. The other main offender is handwriting, if there are people in your KK that know you well, they'll spot your handwriting from a mile away. Make sure you mask it!
7. Shop Online: Why leave the house for a gift that is literally going to cost less than $25? Seriously, think about it!
8. Lighten the family load: Is it becoming a financial burden to get presents for your growing extended family. Consider putting the names of all the adults in a hat, then having everyone pick one. If your family is full of kids, skip the gifts for adults altogether and have each child pick a cousin's name.
9. Don't be a tool: If you get something you don't like, pretend you do. Grin, thank the person and move on!
11. Go wild, but not too wild: Consider who you are buying for. Secret Santa's can be a great opportunity to explore the funny side of Christmas. But there is a line, don't cross it. If it's your best mate, cut sick! But if you get your boss, then probably keep it under wraps. Every situation is different, so use your discretion.
Other Secret Santa Ideas, Tips, Tricks and Etiquette:
Christmas is becoming a financial burden for a lot of people these days due to the sheer quantity of purchases involved. A secret Santa gift exchange can be a great way to minimise costs as people only have to consider one person instead of twenty. A phenomenal number of gifts go to waste every year, so an exchange can also help to combat this.
If you don't want to get involved then that's completely fine. You may not be able to afford it, or simply you just don't like the idea of it. Whatever the reason, it's OK not to participate. Just make sure that if you want out you let the organiser know before the names are picked to avoid any tension or confusion.
Yellow Octopus Satisfaction Guarantee:
- WE SHIP OUT ALL OF OUR ORDERS ON THE SAME DAY!
- Express orders to metro areas will be delivered next day
- We offer a full 100 day FREE RETURNS policy. If you're not happy, we're not happy
- We've got a 9.7/10 review rating on Trustpilot.
- If you send back an item that's damaged, we will pay for the return shipping
Click here to check out our full refunds and returns policy or if you need something clarified check out our in depth FAQs section.
Yellow Octopus, the home of Kris Kringle gift ideas 2019 and the best Kris Kringle gifts in Australia!