MAN CAVE IDEAS
There is a meat-eating, crude, rugged caveman inside all males. It’s buried deeper in some than others. A man cave is a place for men to get in touch with their masculine side. Men can watch sports, play video games, drink, enjoy hobbies and speak their mind with their mates without having to worry about offending the sensitive souls of today's politically correct world.
Man caves can also be a peaceful sanctuary from wives, children and especially mothers-in-law. It’s not that men don’t love and cherish them, but they sometimes need space to recharge their own batteries by draining their PlayStation controller’s batteries.
On the outside man caves can look like any other room. They’re often disguised as an extra bedroom, garage, basement or shed. Our man cave section is one of the most popular areas of our gifts for men section.
How to recognise man cave:
- All furniture points directly at the TV.
- It’s the messiest room in the house.
- Occasional yelling at an umpire can be heard.
- Walls are covered with posters of legendary men like Steve Waugh, and scantily clad women like Pamela Anderson.
- The refrigerator contains beer, meat, and more beer.
What to do if you stumble across a man cave?
Immediately you must ask yourself, have you been invited into the man cave?
If you have, feel free to enter. However, leave your feelings and political correctness at the door to collect on your way out.
If you have not been invited, DO NOT ENTER. I repeat, DO NOT ENTER. Man caves are a place to be respected. No matter what smell is coming from a man cave, man cave protocol dictates that you wait for permission before entering.
Rules for man caves.
A man cave without rules is like a hungry chimp on a school bus; chaos. Laying some ground rules before inviting your buddies around is essential. Here are a few rules you can pick and choose from:
- The toilet seat stays up.
- The man cave owner controls the remote.
- No flowers and scented candles. If you want a plant get a cactus and if you need to cover an odour try cigars.
- Fart at will.
- When a sports game is on you may ask “What’s the score?” upon arrival. However, asking “Who’s playing?” is grounds for removal from the premises.
- A mini fridge or bar must be kept within the room.
- Junk food counts as nutrition.
- Drinking wine spritzers is grounds for an immediate expulsion.
- No rom-coms allowed. Ever.
- A big TV is required.
- If it itches, scratch it.
- Disputes are settled by wrestling or paper, scissors, rock.
The ultimate rule for any man cave, is the owner decides the rules. Their man cave ideas become the constitution. If you have man cave ideas, you can convert them into your own hard and fast rules.
Man cave shop
A man cave is more than a room to watch sport in. It should have a manly feel. A masculine energy. We have a range of man cave ideas to turn any room into the ultimate man cave. Our range of man cave products and man cave signs are the modern way to mark your territory.
Our man cave shop range includes:
- Man Cave Rules Coffee Mug. A strong man needs a strong cup of coffee. It also serves as a reminder of protocols to guests in your man cave.
- Caveman BBQ Apron. Cooking meat like a caveman doesn’t mean you have to get as dirty as one.
- Caveman Pizza Cutter Wheel. What goes better with watching sports than pizza?
- Caveman Bottle Opener. What goes better with pizza than beer?
- The Eat Like A Man Guide To Feeding A Crowd. Cook for all your fellow cavemen.
- Make Your Own Bacon Kit. It’s even more delicious when you make it.
- Beer Brewing Kit. Both Aussies Wattle Pale Ale and Summer Citrus Blonde Ale are available.
- Man Skills: The Complete Worst Case Scenario. Prepare for the zombie apocalypse.
- Wall Mounted Lightsaber Light. Have a Lightsaber on hand for when you need to defend your man cave.
- Macho Tissues for Real Men. If you’re going to use tissues, at least make sure they’re manly.
Also available in our man cave shop are a huge range of man cave signs to give your cave masculine symbols.
Man cave signs
We have a range of man cave signs to hang on the walls of your glorious man cave. After all, one poster won’t do will it? From superheroes, man cave rules, to whiskey, we’ve got the man cave signs to create your dream man cave.
Our man cave sign range includes:
- Man Cave Rules Poster. Be clear about what’s tolerated in your man cave.
- Man Cave Retro Tin Sign. A rough retro sign to fit any tough man cave.
- Man Cave Bar Rules Sign. With the finishing touches of a beautiful women and a beer. What more could a man want to look at?
- Aussie Slang Words Poster. We have a language of our own, celebrate it.
- The Many Variables of Whiskey Poster. Settle all disputes with the definitive chart.
- Jack Daniel’s Sippin’ Whiskey Retro Tin Sign. Jack Daniel’s has been around since 1875. A retro sign is only fitting.
- The Chart of Hand Tools Poster. Be reminded of the days when tools with your hands was more common than navigating phones with your thumbs.
- Batman Gotham City Poster. Outside of your man cave you’re Bruce Wayne, inside you are Batman.
- DC Comics Collage Poster. Reminisce about your favourite heroes and villains.
- Marvel Character Collage Poster. A necessity if Stan Lee ever pops by for a visit.
- Lord of the Rings Middle Earth Map Poster. Can you imagine the epic man cave Gandalf would build?
- Retro Spider-Man Comic Poster. With great man caves, comes great responsibility to decorate well.
Marking your territory has never been easier with our wide range of man cave ideas. Whether it’s for you or somebody else, be sure to build a man cave worthy of showing off.