You're currently on:
Frequently Asked Questions
THE TOP QUESTIONS
1. When will my order arrive?
If you manage to order before 2pm on a business day we will be able to dispatch your delivery on the same day. If you miss this deadline, your parcel will definitely be posted the following business day. For standard postage, Australia Post takes between 3-8 business days. Express postage takes 1-2 business days for areas within Australia Post’s Express Post network and a couple days extra for post codes outside the express zone.
2. I need to change my delivery address
Once your order has been placed and the parcel has been dispatched from our warehouse, we are unable to make changes to the delivery address. Please double check that the correct delivery address and postcode is entered into the shipping information fields to avoid delivery delays.
3. I need to add something to my order/change something in my order
The packers in our warehouse are monumentally fast, like ninjas they are, so once your order has been placed there is no way we can disturb the warehouse flow and change things for you. However, we do have a 100 day returns policy on all our products, so as long as the product is unused, in its original packaging and in resaleable condition, we'll be more than happy to take it back for a full refund.
4. Do you gift wrap? Will price tags and an invoice be included?
No to gift wrapping, with incredible delivery speed comes no wrapping paper. We also never include any invoices or price tags in any order, so your secret is safe with us.
5. Can I include a personalised message?
Yes. Please email [email protected] as soon as you’ve placed your order, quote your order number let us know and what you’d like printed on the personalised note. Time is of the essence though so please do let us know as soon as possible.
6. Can I pick-up from your warehouse?
Our warehouse is not open to the public - we cannot facilitate direct pick-ups of orders under any circumstances.
7. My order hasn’t arrived on time
Please copy the tracking number we provided you in your shipping confirmation email and paste it into the Australia Post tracking box, found here: www.auspost.com.au/track/track.html
- If your item is being delivered to a P.O Box and your tracking shows your order has arrived in your area and has been there for some while but is still listed as “In Transit” there’s a high chance that it actually has been delivered to your post office. Please take your tracking number to them for immediate collection.
- If your tracking details say “Contact Sender” it means that your delivery address was incorrect and your order is being returned to us. Please email [email protected] to alert us to this.
- If your tracking details say “In transit” you can rest assured your order is safely on its way.
- If your tracking details say “Awaiting collection at (Insert Name) Post Shop” and you haven’t received a collection slip, please head to the post office and give them your tracking number for immediate parcel collection.
1. Ordering online is a bit scary. Can you do it for me please?
Not a problem! If you’re happy to pay via credit card then give us a call and we’ll organise your order from our end in no time at all.
2. I got all the way up to the final check out stage, clicked “Place Order Now” and nothing is happening.
First, check to make sure you’ve entered all the necessary information needed. Don’t forget about selecting a shipping option! Then click ‘Place Order Now’ again. If you’re worried about whether an order has gone through or not, check your email inbox to see if you’ve received an order confirmation letter from us. Alternatively you can give us a call so we can immediately check for you.
3. I just bought this product a couple hours ago, but I have changed my mind. How do I cancel this order?
If it has only been 2 hours or so, there is a good chance your order has not been packed yet. Send us an email with your order number, and one of our friendly staff will contact you to organise the cancellation. Alternatively, give us a call.
4. I placed my order a few hours ago and I still haven’t received my confirmation email, what’s going on?!
Hmm, that is odd! At times, an email can be incorrectly spelled or missing a character, meaning no email in your actual inbox. Don’t forget to check your spam folder too; email servers can be rather rude sometimes. Failing that, it’s likely that aliens have infiltrated our system, picked a particular order and beamed fireworks through the interwebs, exclaiming “You shall not receive your confirmation! Muahahaha!”
*Call or email us and we will get your confirmation to your inbox in a jiffy!
5. I ordered this selfie stick in pink but it is it okay to change it to black?
If it has only been a few hours since you placed the order, there is a good chance it has not been packed yet. Send us an email with your order number and details on what you want changed. One of our friendly staff will be able to confirm if we were able to make the change or not. Alternatively, give us a call.
Shipping & Delivery
1. I live in Australia, what are my shipping options?
- $7.99 Standard Shipping (FREE for order above $100)
Flat rate shipping on your entire order.
3-7 business days.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery if you are in Northern Territory or non-Metro Western Australia.
- $9.99 Registered Shipping
Signature required on delivery. If no one is at the address, a card will be left at your door for you to pick up at the local post office.
3-7 business days.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery if you are in Northern Territory or non-Metro Western Australia.
- $14.99 Express Shipping
1-2 business Days.
Western Australia and Northern Territory Customers:
Please allow additional days for delivery if you outside the Australia Post National Express Network.
For customers in Perth, the Australia Post Express Network only covers the postcodes 6000-6005 and 6800-6899. For more details, click here.
- $19.99 WANT IT NOW: Same Day Delivery within Melbourne
Order before 2pm on a business day and receive it the same day.
Available only in the Melbourne Metro, within the boundaries of the M80 Ring Road and M3
2. Do you offer International Shipping?
Yes we do! We offer a flat rate service of $59.00 no matter how large your order. Delivery is made either by DHL or Australia Post International Pack & Track.
We ship to the following countries:
Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Canada, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guam, Guernsey, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Isreal, Italy, Jersey, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau SAR, Maldives, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norfolk Island, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, USA, U.S. Outlying Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, Vanuatu, Vatican City.
Please allow up to 14 days for delivery.
3. Does my parcel come with an invoice or any tagged prices?
All products are free of tagged prices. You will be emailed a copy of the invoice and the parcel will include a packing slip listing the items ordered but will not include prices. So if you’re ordering a gift for someone, breathe easy, they won’t know how much you spent!
4. If I purchase something on Saturday night, when will my order be dispatched?
Our operating days (as well as the courier company's) are Monday - Friday, so as soon as we get back into the warehouse on Monday morning, your order will be picked, packed and dispatched.
5. I live near your warehouse; can I just come past and pick an order up?
To be short…No. Unfortunately, if someone was to pick up an order, logistics could be disturbed, causing interruption and delay of other orders. We’re also conscious of the public entering our warehouse, where you will find dangerous equipment, as well as big scary forklifts.
6. It’s been over 7 business days and my parcel’s tracking information says ‘no events found’. Is the tracking not working…where is my parcel?
That doesn’t sound good at all. Please do drop us an email or give us a call and we’ll contact Australia Post to see what the story is.
7. I live in Western Australia, it’s been a week and my product still hasn’t arrived. Where has it gone?
As we use Australia Post for our orders, we are at the mercy of their protocols. Deliveries to Western Australia and Northern Territory are done via truck and so will take a tad longer to arrive than may be expected. Australia is one crazy big place.
8. If I order express shipping on a mid-week public holiday, when will I get my order?
The business day following the public holiday will be the day your order is packed and dispatched. So if you ordered express on a Wednesday public holiday, your order would be packed on Thursday. In this case, your order could arrive on the Friday, or at the latest, the following Tuesday.
9. Do you offer international shipping? I tried checking out with my address/country and the option isn’t appearing.
Yes, we currently offer international shipping for a flat-rate of $59. Unfortunately, some countries, even the countries we love most, experience issues at customs, resulting in clearance failure. Because of this reason alone, we cannot ship to your country. Have a look at the dropdown list to see where we do send to.
10. I live in Melbourne and I WANT IT NOW!
Not a problem, just make sure it is a normal business day and before 2pm, then you can go crazy ordering!
11. I live in an outer-suburb of Melbourne and I Want It Now, but when I put my address in, I am not getting the Want It Now shipping option. Why?
The Want It Now option is for areas within a 25km radius of the CBD. If the option is not appearing, unfortunately you are out of our WANT IT NOW zoning. We’re sorry :-(
12. The recommended shipping time states 3-6 business days, it has now been 7 business days, so what do I do?
Go to www.auspost.com.au/track. Enter your tracking number, and then wait for your parcel’s status to appear. Voila!
13. Australia Post states that my parcel is still in transit, but it’s been over 7 business days!
Contact us here and we will help locate your delayed parcel, and contact Australia Post on your behalf.
14. When will my item arrive?
All our domestic deliveries are shipped by Australia Post.
Orders placed before 2pm on a normal business day will be shipped out the same day.
Orders placed on the weekends will be shipped out on Monday.
For Standard Shipping, your order will arrive in 3-7 business days.
For Express Delivery, it will take 1-2 business days.
For a more accurate delivery estimate, please use the Australia Post Delivery Times calculator and enter our warehouse postcode (3192) as well as the delivery postcode.
15. Why is my item not tracking on AusPost and says 'No Events Found'?
Australia Post often does not update their tracking information until the parcel gets to the local depot at the final delivery destination. So if you live in Perth and you selected standard shipping, it will take approximately 5 business days for your parcel to get from Melbourne to Australia Post's Perth depot. If the item is past its due date and there is still no tracking information, please contact us here.
16. When checking the status of my delivery, why is the location on AusPost different to where I live?
AusPost will generally show the location of the depot which will be the closest facility to where an item will be delivered.
1. Your site says that the product I want is sold out? When can I buy it?
If a product is out of stock, you’ll notice some red text underneath the price that says “Sign up to get notified when this product is back in stock”. If you click on that you’ll be able to sign up for an email notification that will let you know as soon as we have the item available. If you’re on a tight deadline, give us a call and we’ll be able to give you the date when the product will be back on our shelves.
2. What does it mean when it says a product is discontinued?
This product is no more. It has ceased to be. It’s expired and gone to meet its maker. It’s kicked the bucket, shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! It is an EX-PRODUCT! So it’s never coming back. Sorry about that. And sorry for the lengthy Monty Python soliloquy.
3. I want to know a little more about one of your products, what’s the best way of asking?
From how loud a clock ticks to how soft the fur is on our Jellycats, we’re happy to elaborate. Drop us an email or give us a call to find out more.
1. I don’t have a credit card, can I pay direct deposit?
If paying with credit isn’t on the cards, we do have a PayPal option available for you. Just make sure to select the PayPal option at checkout. Failing that, we cannot accept any other payment method. Unless you want to pay in 22 karat gold Krugerrands, but we can’t guarantee change.
2. My bank statement says the money has been debited from my account but I haven’t received confirmation of my order. So confused right now.
There has more than likely been a teeny glitch with our email service. If you haven’t received confirmation after an hour or so, give us a call or drop us an email quoting the name you placed the order under and we’ll manually send you a confirmation email.
1. What if I'm not 100% satisfied with my order?
We promise 100% satisfaction if you don't absolutely love it, we'll take it back. You have 100 days from delivery date to return an item in its original packaging. We will happily cover the costs of returning your item, and once it has arrived back in our warehouse we will refund your for the total cost of the returned product(s) but not the initial shipping costs.
2. The mug I ordered arrived with a great big crack in it; I’m pretty sure that’s not part of the design.
We do our best to package products so that there is minimal chance of them sustaining any injury while travelling to you. Sadly, we don’t always win. If a product arrives damaged in any way, please email us a photograph of the breakage and we will send a replacement out as soon as possible. Depending on the damage done or what the product is, we may ask you to return the parcel to us. In this case, we will send you a paid for returns address so you don’t have to fork out any extra cash. If you've decided you'd rather have a refund rather than a replacement, as soon as the faulty item has been posted back to us we will refund you fully for the product as well as initial shipping costs you may have paid.
1. I’ve entered my credit card details and done everything I’m supposed to do but when I click ‘Place Order Now’, nothing happens?
Before trying the ‘Place Order Now’ button again, double check that you’ve remembered to fill in all the boxes, don’t forget the shipping option! If the computer still says no, then refreshing the page and entering everything once more will do the trick.
2. I want to pay with PayPal but there is no place for me to enter my details?
Make sure to select the PayPal option. Once you’ve clicked the ‘Place Order Now’ button, you will immediately be redirected to the PayPal page where you can do your thing.
3. You have far too many awesome things and my order total comes to over $100 but it still wants me to pay for shipping. That doesn’t seem fair guys.
We agree! That’s why orders over $100 have free postage. If the option for free postage doesn’t automatically appear in the central shipping method column please give us a phone call so we can sort it out for you.
1. I want to redeem my Coke Rewards tokens for one of your products but I can’t find it when I search your site.
After redeeming your hard earned Coke tokens, you will receive an email from Coca-Cola that contains your digital code as well as a link to follow to find your product. Use that link to get to your chosen product and add it to your cart. There should be a red triangle in the image’s top left corner that says “Coke Rewards”. Once you’re at the final secure check out page, enter your digital code by clicking the ‘Apply Gift Coupon’ button.
2. I received my Coke Rewards voucher code in the email like I’m supposed to, but it’s not working?
Rather than typing your Coke Rewards code into the ‘Apply Gift Coupon’ box, we would recommend copying and pasting the code straight from your email. It’s rather confusing when you’re trying to figure out if something is a number 1 or a capital letter ‘I’, among other vague looking symbols. To copy, highlight the code and press ‘ctrl’ and the letter ‘c’. To paste it, press ‘ctrl’ and the letter ‘v’.
3. I don’t see the option for Coca-Cola Shipping in your list?
Once you have entered in your voucher code and the total cost appears as $0.00, you’ll notice that the very top shipping option reads “Free Shipping $0.00”, that’s the option you want. Everyone loves free stuff!
4. Do I have to enter in my credit card details if I want to check out?
Nope, you definitely don’t have to do that. Once your code has been accepted, the total checkout amount should be $0.00 and there is no need for you to enter any further payment details.
1. I just called your Sydney AND Melbourne office, and no one picked up my call! Why don’t you like me?
Don’t be silly, we love you! The only reasons we're not able to answer your phone call:
- All the phone lines are occupied by some other curious customers.
In this case, please leave a message and we will call you straight back.
- Is it past 6:00pm (AEST)?
Our operating hours are 9:00am - 6:00pm Mondays to Fridays (excluding public holidays), so please give us a call between these times. If you can’t get in touch with us, please leave us a voice message.
- Aliens have abducted all our customer service staff and taken the phones with them.
2. If I buy 3 of these, can you give me a discount?
Sorry! As much as we’d like to, Octopi also have bills to pay. However, if you’re ordering more than 20 of one product, we should chat. Drop us an email or give us a call and we’ll sort something out for you.
3. Does Yellow Octopus price match?
Do you have a particular product in mind? Email us your inquiry here.
4. Is Oscar even a real Octopus?
Play nice now, Oscar has feelings too. The thing is, when an Octopus makes the decision to live on land, he goes through a lot of changes. Remember when Ariel (See: The Little Mermaid) went from mermaid to real girl? You get it now, don’t you?
5. Can you show me a picture of a cat?
Anything for you!