Who We Are
Any personal information provided to or gathered by YellowOctopus.com.au is controlled by Activminds PTY LTD ("Activminds PTY LTD", YellowOctopus.com.au", "We", "Us), a company registered with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ABN 34007337742).
What Information We Collect
When you place an Order or otherwise interact with Yellow Octopus Website, we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to Us (for example your name, phone number, postal address, email address, contact and credit card details). We may also record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use.
Some examples of how information may be collected by us:
• Information You Provide Us: we receive and store information that you submit when using our website or that you provide us in any other way (for example by email or telephone). This information may be provided when ordering from us (via our website or by telephone); searching our website; entering competitions; accessing your account; querying order status; or by submitting text/photo/video reviews of us and our products.
• Information Automatically Provided: we receive, process and store certain information whenever you interact with our website. Like many websites, we use "cookies" (see below) and obtain certain information automatically when your Web browser accesses Yellow Octopus website. Information automatically received by us includes the IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system and internet connection details; purchase history (which we may aggregate with other shoppers to form the "Yellow Octopus Top 10"); clickstream/path analysis of your journey through our website; products you searched for. We may also use software tools provided by Nielsen//NetRatings to measure and collect session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information (such as clicks).
• Email Communications: to help us make our email newsletter more useful and interesting for our customers we attempt to receive a confirmation when you open and click on email newsletters from Yellow Octopus (if your email software/service supports this option). If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter.
• Telephone Calls: From time to time we monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service to you.
• Information from 3rd Parties: we may receive information about you from other sources and add this to our account information. For example we update address information using data from third parties (including the Australia Post "Change of Address" File), which we may use to correct our records and deliver your next catalogue to the correct updated address.
How We Use This Information
Information is kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
a. Process and deliver your Order;
b. Provide Customer Support services to you;
c. Provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service;
d. Help prevent fraud (eg. we may check payment card details with our credit agency, who may keep a record of that information, and reserve the right to refuse Orders on that basis.
e. Verify your age, in the event you are purchasing age-restricted products such as bladed items or alcohol;
f. Open and run your Yellow Octopus customer account;
g. Administer prize draws;
h. Provide a more personal shopping experience.
By making an Order and/or submitting your data to us you agree to this use.
Who Else May See Your Data
In order to complete your order we may need to disclose some of your information to our delivery partners including Australia Post and other couriers and their affiliates.
If you order a product marked "Direct Despatch" then we will need to pass your delivery information to our manufacturers as they will be shipping directly to you.
If you order personalised products which are made to order based on information that you provide, then we will need to provide this information (including delivery details) to our manufacturers for the purpose of creating the personalised product to your specification.
Marketing Communications - Yellow Octopus
When ordering from Yellow Octopus, entering competitions or otherwise interacting with us we may give you the chance to subscribe to our email newsletter. We promise not to bombard you with emails - to make it worth your while we only get in touch when we truly have interesting news to share. If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter. We may also from time to time send you the Yellow Octopus Catalogue by post to the invoice address specified when placing your order. If you do not wish to receive further catalogues please click hereto let us know by email.
Marketing Communications - 3rd Party
Yellow Octopus will not pass your information on to third parties unless you give us your consent - either at the time of providing the information to us, or previously if we have already received consent from you. When you place an order with Yellow Octopus we may give you the choice for other reputable companies to contact you BY POST about future offers, events and new Products or related activities that you may find useful. If you no longer wish us to do this please Contact Us any time.
3rd Party Ad Serving
We may allow other companies, called third-party ad servers or ad networks, to serve advertisements within our web pages. We do NOT provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
• Cookies: Because your web browser must request these advertising banners from the ad network Web site, these companies can send their own cookies to your cookie file, just as if you had requested a web page from our website. Please note that if an advertiser asks us to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 13-24 who have viewed sports content) and you respond to that ad, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. We only authorise our third-party ad servers to employ anonymous cookies for ad delivery and anonymous targeting.
• Opting Out of Third-Party Ad Serving: If you want to prevent a third-party ad server from sending and reading cookies on your computer, you may either turn off cookies in your browser, or visit each ad network's Web site individually and opt out (if they offer this capability).
Customer Service Contact
You may resolve any issues that concern your interaction with Yellow Octopus by:
• Please go to our Contact Us page; or
• Telephoning 03 9017 1686 during office hours of 9-6 Mon-Fri
$7.99 SHIPPING ON ENTIRE ORDER
100 DAY HASSLE FREE RETURNS
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $99
BUY NOW - PAY LATER